Even if you don’t have an invitation to the Governors Ball or the Vanity Fair party on Oscar® Sunday, it doesn’t mean you can’t be just as fashionable in your own home. Carla and Daphne put together five ideas to make your Oscar Sunday motion picture perfect!
1. Mini Popcorn Cupcakes
These frosted lemon cupcakes are almost too cute. Plus they are simple to make. To get the popcorn look just press mini marshmallows into the lemon frosting. Then put them in popcorn containers.
2. Serving Ideas: Take One
Grab a clapboard from your local party goods store. Add a sign that reads “take one, take two” and you’re good to go.
3. Envelope Napkins
To make these clever napkins just follow a couple easy steps.
1. Open the napkin and lay it flat.
2. Fold the napkin in half lengthwise.
3. Fold in the top two corners to form a triangle.
4. Fold the bottom edge of the napkin up until it meets the base of the triangle
5. Fold the top triangle down and seal! If you want to add an extra surprise, enclose a note in the napkin before sealing it.
4. Oscar Ballots!
Just because you weren’t invited to join the Academy this year doesn’t mean that you can’t fill out a ballot. Just click here and fill in your picks for each category. Keep score during the party and see which guest is an Academy Awards genius.
Click here to view the complete list of this year's Nominees.
Download the Official Oscars® app.
Think you know Oscar? Cast your vote with My Picks.