¾ cup (4 ounces) Almond Flour
1 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
1 teaspoon Earl Grey Tea, ground in coffee grinder
3 Eggs Whites
¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
¼ cup (1 ½ oz) Sugar
3-4 drops Purple Food Color – Chef Master – Concentrated No Fade Purple
1 cup Huckleberry Jam
1. Line 2 – 12 by 17 inch baking trays with parchment. Reserve.
2. In a food processor fitted with a blade, blend the almond flour, confectioner’s sugar, and tea for one minute.
3. Sift blended almond mixture directly into a medium mixing bowl. Reserve.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer whisk the egg whites on low speed for 1 minute foamy, add the cream of tartar.
5. Turn to medium speed stream in the sugar 3-4 minutes until egg whites are medium stiff peaks, shiny.
6. Turn machine to lowest setting and add the purple color. Remove from machine.
7. Add the one third egg whites to the almond mixture, with a rubber spatula fold together until homogeneous.
8. Add the remaining egg whites, turning the bowl as you fold count 50 strokes/folds. Mixture will be ribboned.
1. Fit a piping bag with a #4 medium round tip.
2. Pipe 1 inch rounds – the batter will be slightly wet /Hold the bag at a slight angle and release small bits of batter. Allow ½ inch between cookies for slight spreading.
Keep piped cookies at room temperature uncovered 1 hours. (This will help form a skin)
Pre-heat oven 275 degrees F.
Place the rack in the center and lower shelves of oven.
Bake macarons for 8 minutes, reverse trays on racks and rotate continue bake 7-8 minutes.
They will be firm to the touch and not wet. Cool to room temperature.
Fill a disposable piping bag with huckleberry jam, pipe 1 teaspoon of jam on half of the macarons. Top with remaining macarons.
Best filled 4 hours before eating, or fill and freeze for up to two weeks.
Jam makes the macaron melt in your mouth.